Monday, August 24, 2009

Fun things from this summer

I started my blog a while ago but never added to it, and i think its time to start it up again. So this summer has been a fun eventful one, but believe it or not, i am ready for school to start up again. I started out the summer by taking a mini road trip with my friend Brindy up to Snow college in Ephraim, Utah. We got a hotel room and stayed there for a night. We only went for a weekend so it was not a super long trip. We got to tour the campus and we spent a lot of time up in the canyon. During the day we went to a river and took some pictures up there because it was so pretty! That night we decided to go back to the river and make a fire to roast smores. Neither of us really knew how to start a fire, so we kind of just winged it. We also got to visit the Manti Temple. It was so pretty! While we were there, people were setting up and practicing for the Manti Pageant. That was really cool to watch.! Our mini road trip was so much fun and me and Brindy got a lot closer.... well i think we did. Me and Brindy actually spent a lot of time together this summer. She came to a few of my brothers baseball games, we would do a lot of puzzles while watching NCIS, and just spent a lot of time together! During the week of the 4Th of July my family and I were able to drive 8 hours up to Cody, Wyoming to visit some family. My grandparents live there so we stayed with them for a few days. We visited the Buffalo Bill Dam which was really cool. It kind of reminded me of the Niagara Falls....not as big, but it did remind me of it. Then me and my siblings ( Emily, Aaron, Abigail, and Jonathan) were able to go horse back riding. It was a really cool experience even though it was kind of expensive... i think it was totally worth it... THANK YOU mom and dad for letting us go! While we were still in Cody we got together with my great grandparents which was really cool. My great grandma is 96!!! It was great to see them again, because it might be a while before we are able to drive up there to see them again. The picture to the left is a 4 generation picture, so it goes my 96 year old great grandma, then my grandpa, my dad, and my brother Aaron. Once my older sister has her little baby girl in December, we might be able to get a 5 generation picture! After all of that fun stuff in Cody we drove over to my Aunt's house in Gillette. We spent the 4Th of July with them. We woke up early to take my little cousins to the parade. It was fun to watch them run to get the candy! My cousin Landon would just lay on the ground and try to gather the candy close to him so he could get as many as he could! Then we went back to their house to barbecue some food and just spend time together. That night we tried setting off our own little fireworks, then we went to watch the big fireworks which was fun. I also got to take Brindy and my sister Emily to the American Idol Concert. It was so much fun and really cool. I loved most of the songs they sang which was good because then you got to sing along.
A couple of weeks ago a group from my work went up to a cabin in the canyon and watched the movie Madagascar, and we played the game Spaz. It was so much fun and me and Sarah could not stop laughing. The cabin was really cute! My friend Abby was the one who owned it and her grandparents were the ones who built it, and they built it all by themselves. There are several pictures around the cabin of them at different stages of building it, so that was really cool. Also, they had a small organ that some pioneers brought with them when they crossed the plains, and that was really cool. I was tempted to play it, but i opted against it, because i didn't want it to break. Also a few weeks ago i dragged my friends Brindy, Melissa, Aubrey and Julie with me to a Young Single Adults activity. On Friday they served dinner and there was a comedian ( Jason Hewlett)who was really funny. On Saturday there was a small carnival ( which was not as fun as it sounded) and then dinner and then John Schmidt performed for us... and he did an amazing job!. Sunday was a fireside by Alex Boye which was really good and he also sang for us a few times because he is also in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Then they served some treats at the Brigham Young Park just down the street. Us girls meet some guys named Cameron and Jarrett and became friends... really weird i know. Jarrett took a picture with Alex, and we all got to meet him. It was really cool!
Well, That was most of my summer. I have a feeling that this semester is going to be even more crazy with work, and school and homework. Good thing i will have my good friend Aubrey with me most of the time!!!

No comments: